5 Tips for a Safe and Happy Family Car Trip
Taking the family for an extended car ride? Here’s some practical advice to make your road trip smooth (and safe) sailing!
- 1. Fill up your car’s tank with gas and check the oil and tires the day before you leave so that you’re not dealing with unnecessary hold-ups.
- 2. Preferably leave on Sunday: a lot of holiday-makers will have already arrived at their destination and there will be fewer trucks on the road.
- 3. Pack a picnic and a supply of drinks so you don’t have to line up in a cafeteria or road house. If you’re travelling with kids, find rest areas where they can play, and that have baby-change facilities, if necessary.
- 4. Place any baby-care items that you may need during the trip in a separate bag that is easily accessible.
- 5. Stop, revive, survive. No matter how quickly you might want to arrive at your destination, stop every 2 hours to stretch your legs.
For more road trip tips, click here!
Originally Published: August 21, 2010