Air-Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Quick, simple and oh-so-tasty, this air-fryer chicken Parmesan recipe is the perfect weeknight dish to have on hand. It’s just as crispy as the classic, if not crispier!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh basil and hot cooked pasta optional
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through. Top chicken with sauce and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chopped basil and additional Parmesan cheese and serve with pasta.
Air Fryer Cook Times
In our testing, we find cook times vary dramatically between brands of air fryers. As a result, we give wider than normal ranges on suggested cook times. Begin checking at the first time listed and adjust as needed.
1 chicken breast half: 416 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 49g protein.