Air-Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Strips
“I love the flavour profile of everything bagels, so I re-created it with traditional breaded chicken fingers. Serve them with your favourite dipping sauce.” —Cynthia Gerken, Naples, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 day-old everything bagel torn
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Pulse torn bagel in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Place 1/2 cup bagel crumbs in a shallow bowl; toss with panko, cheese and pepper flakes. (Discard or save remaining bagel crumbs for another use.)
- In a microwave-safe shallow bowl, microwave butter until melted. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip in warm butter, then coat with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere. In batches, place chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket.
- Cook 7 minutes; turn chicken. Continue cooking until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
1 serving: 269 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 31g protein.