Air-Fryer Rosemary Sausage Meatballs
“These air-fryer meatballs were created as hors d’oeuvres for a friend’s wedding and became an instant hit. Now we enjoy them often at our house.” —Steve Hansen, Redmond, Washington
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 jar diced pimientos drained, 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- pretzel sticks optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute garlic with curry powder until tender, 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine egg, pimientos, bread crumbs, parsley, rosemary and garlic mixture. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place in a single layer on tray in air-fryer basket; cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 7-10 minutes. If desired, serve with pretzels.
Test Kitchen Tip
In our testing, we have found cook times vary dramatically between brands of air fryers. As a result, we have given wider than normal ranges on suggested cook times. Begin checking at the first time listed and adjust as needed.
1 meatball: 96 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.