“I never liked seafood until my husband urged me to try scallops, and now I love them. With the crunchy breading, my air-fryer scallops are the best you’ll ever have.” —Martina Preston, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 sea scallops patted dry, about 3/4 pound
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Butter-flavoured cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg. In another bowl, toss potato flakes, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In a third bowl, toss scallops with flour to coat lightly. Dip in egg, then in potato mixture, patting to adhere.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until breading is golden brown and scallops are firm and opaque, 3-4 minutes longer.
3 scallops: 298 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1138mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fibre), 28g protein.