Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup) onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
398 ml (14 oz) canned tomatoes, crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried basil
300 g (10 oz) pizza dough (see Basic Pizza Dough recipe)
360 g (12 oz) sliced peperoni
300 g (2 1/2 cups) Mozzarella, grated
1 small green pepper, sliced in rounds
150 g (1 1/2 cup) mushrooms, sliced thinly
- In a saucepan, soften the onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt, pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add oregano and basil, simmer for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C/450°F.
- Roll out dough into a 36-cm (14-in.) circle. Place on an oiled pan and create an edge all around.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough. Garnish with slices of peperoni. Sprinkle with the grated Mozzarellissima. Arrange green pepper slices over the cheese and sprinkle with the sliced mushrooms.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2318