Almond-Bacon Cheese Crostini
“For a change from the usual toasted tomato appetizer, try this baked crostini recipe. If you like, slice the baguette at an angle instead of making a straight cut.” —Leondre Hermann, Stuart, Florida
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 French bread baguette cut into 36 slices, 1 pound
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds optional
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° until lightly browned, 8-9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread. Bake until cheese is melted, 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm.
1 each: 120 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.