Apple Crumble Cinnamon Pie
Ready for a delicious after-dinner treat? This recipe combines apple pie and apple crumble in an unforgettable dessert.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 6 cups tart cooking apples thinly sliced and peeled
- 1 pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). In a large bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the 1 tbsp of flour, ¾ tsp of the cinnamon and the cardamom. Add the apples. Toss until apples are coated.
- Line a 22.5 cm (9-inch) pie plate with the pie crust. Trim crust to 1 cm (½-inch) beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra crust and crimp edge. Spoon the apple mixture into crust.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and the remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter. Sprinkle over the apple mixture. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crumb topping is golden. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving.