Apple-Dijon Pork Roast
“This recipe takes less than five minutes to assemble and is delicious. I like to serve the roast with rice, then use the tangy sauce as a gravy for both.” —Cindy Steffen, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 boneless pork loin roast 2-3 lbs.
- 1 can chicken broth 14-1/2 oz.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp cold water
- coarsely ground pepper optional
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, apple juice and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat. Pour juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. If desired, top with coarsely ground pepper.
4 ounce-weight: 197 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fibre), 23g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.