Grilled cheese is a go-to meal for an after-school snack, quick lunch, and even a fun treat on trips. These apple-gouda melt sandwiches are a grown-up version of something we all love.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 slice seeded whole grain bread
- 1/4 cup butter softened, divided
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 6 oz smoked Gouda cheese sliced
- Arrange bread on baking sheet; spread tops with half of the butter. Broil 4-6 in. (10-15 cm) from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread over; spread tops with remaining butter. Layer with the mozzarella cheese, apple slices, and Gouda cheese. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Sweet or tart? Try different varieties of apples!