Apple Spice Waffles
“These apple waffles are cozy and comforting anytime—morning or evening. The smell of toasty waffles with apples is sure to warm you up on even the most blustery of winter days.” —Jane Sims, De Leon, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- Whipped cream and maple syrup Optional
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; stir in apple.
- Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. If desired, serve with whipped cream, syrup and additional chopped apples.
2 waffles: 321 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 7g protein.