Artichoke Ratatouille Chicken
“I loaded all the fresh produce I could find into this speedy chicken dinner. Serve it on its own or over pasta.” —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 Japanese eggplants about 1 pound
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can water-packed artichoke hearts drained and quartered, 14 ounces
- 2 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning divided
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Hot cooked pasta optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplants, tomatoes, peppers and onion into 3/4-in. pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in artichoke hearts, thyme, capers, oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining Creole seasoning. Transfer chicken to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spoon vegetable mixture over top. Drizzle wine over vegetables.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 30-45 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, serve with pasta.
1-2/3 cups: 252 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fibre), 28g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.