Autumn Pumpkin Chili
“We have this turkey pumpkin chili often because everyone loves it, even the most finicky grandchildren. It’s a definite keeper in my book!” —Kimberly Nagy, Port Hadlock, Washington
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can solid-pack pumpkin 15 ounces
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained, 14-1/2 ounces
- 4-1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- sour cream optional
- corn chips optional
- sliced green onions optional
- shredded Cheddar cheese optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and the green and yellow peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Crumble turkey into skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the pumpkin, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours. If desired, serve with toppings.
1-1/4 cups: 281 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fibre), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.