Autumn Stew with Bokbier and Sausage from Brandt & Levie
Bokbier is not only delicious to drink, you can also cook variety of delicious meals with it. Beer can be used perfectly in a stew, whereby the beer is used as cooking juices and gives a delicious flavor to the dish!
Photo: HelloFresh Netherlands
- 1.2 kg Milva potatoes
- 4 large Brandt & Levie sausages
- 200 g celery
- 1 bottle Grolsch Rijke Herfstbok beer
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 leeks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp mustard
- to taste milk
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Bring in a pot with a lid 400 ml of water per person to a boil. Peel or wash the potatoes (Milva) thoroughly and cut into quarters. Boil the potatoes, covered, for 12 - 15 minutes. Drain, reserving a small portion of the cooking liquid and leave to steam without a lid.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan with a lid and cook the Brandt & Levie sausage, covered, 6 - 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep under aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion. Chop or press the garlic. Cut the leek in thin slices.
- After you have removed the sausage from the pan, add half of the butter to the pan. Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the leek and celery, turn up the heat and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the bock, add the sausage (including moisture) and braise, covered, for 6 - 8 minutes on low heat. If necessary, remove the lid of the pan in the last 2 minutes to allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- Meanwhile mash the potatoes until a coarse puree. Add the remaining butter and a dash of milk and / or cooking liquid to make it creamy. Stir the mustard into the puree and bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mashed potatoes, stewed vegetables and Brandt & Levie sausage onto plates. Sprinkle with the cooking fat from the pan.