Bacon and Eggs Casserole
“Because it’s fast to fix and such a great hit with family and friends, this bacon and eggs dish is a favourite of mine to make for brunches. Served with a fruit salad, hot muffins and croissants, this bacon and eggs casserole is excellent for an after-church brunch.” —Deanna Durward-Orr, Windsor, Ontario
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 bacon strips
- 18 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° until knife inserted in centre comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
1 each: 289 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 420mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fibre), 16g protein.