Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
“My husband and I thought the original skillet dish lacked pizzazz, so we created this tastier version. I’ve had teenage nieces and nephews request the recipe after their first bite.” —Joyce Whipps, West Des Moines, Iowa
Taste of Home
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 5 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon.
1-1/2 cups: 579 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 34g protein.