Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
“Here’s a juicy, delicious and savoury meal in a bun! I make these bacon-wrapped hot dogs for picnics, barbecues and tailgate parties, and they always get compliments. To transport, wrap the hot dogs in foil and then in paper.” —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 12 bacon strips
- 8 cheese beef hot dogs
- 8 bakery hot dog buns split and toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sauerkraut rinsed and well drained
- Optional condiments:
- dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1-1/2 strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks as needed (do not wrap tightly, or bacon may tear during grilling).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks. Serve hot dogs in buns with onion and sauerkraut; top with condiments of your choice.
1 stuffed hot dog: 360 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 16g protein.