Lynn Crawford’s Baked Parma Ham, Pesto and Ricotta Frittata
Celebrity chef and Egg Farmers of Canada ambassador Lynn Crawford shares her version of the classic frittata using fresh, local and high quality ingredients.
Photo: Egg Farmers of Canada
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Parma Ham and Ricotta Frittata
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh ricotta drained
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 3 tbsp pesto
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
Parma Ham and Ricotta Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onions until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add spinach and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Cool slightly and drain any excess liquid away.
- Add onion-spinach mixture to eggs, stir and add to greased pan. Dollop fresh ricotta evenly over egg mixture and drizzle pesto on top. Finally, lay slices of Parma ham on top and bake on middle rack of oven until golden and set, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool slightly on rack before cutting into squares.
- Combine basil, olive oil, pine nuts and garlic in blender. Blend until paste forms, stopping often to push down basil. Add Parmesan and salt to taste; blend until smooth.
Nutrients per serving:
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0.2g
Sodium 319 mg