Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash
“Baked yellow squash is beautifully crispy. You don’t have to turn the pieces, but do keep an eye on them.” —Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash 3 medium
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; toss to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking.
2/3 cup: 137 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fibre), 5g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.