Banana Chip Cake
“This is my version of Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream (my favourite!) in a cake. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool.” —Barbara Pryor, Milford, Massachusetts
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16portions||25minutes||40minutes + cooling|
|40minutes + cooling|
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix regular size
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 slice: 233 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.