Barbecued Chicken Salad Sandwiches
“An impromptu picnic inspired this BBQ chicken salad sandwich. An instant summertime favourite, these dressed-up sandwiches have become a mainstay at our house.” —Linda Orme, Battleground, Washington
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||15minutes + marinating||20minutes + cooling|
|8servings||15minutes + marinating|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 kaiser rolls split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish; add barbecue sauce. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled.
- Chop chicken; place in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce.
1 each: 481 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 24g protein.