BBQ Chicken Waffle Fries
“This is one of those dishes that sounds so wrong but tastes so right! Trust me—barbecue chicken leftovers are fantastic with the fries. We like it with lettuce, tomato and pickle, but you can add almost any toppings you like.” —Janet Telleen, Russell, Iowa
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package frozen waffle-cut fries 22 ounces
- 12 oz refrigerated shredded barbecued chicken 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- Pickled banana peppers
- Bake fries according to package directions. Transfer to a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Top with chicken, cheese and onion. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato and pickle; serve with peppers.
2/3 cup: 243 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate (6 g sugars, 2 g fibre), 10 g protein.