Beef and Blue Cheese Tart
“This elegant, rustic recipe goes together in minutes and is so simple. Perfect for entertaining!” —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust (13.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; spread over crust to within 2 in. of edges. Spoon beef mixture over top. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden. Using the parchment, slide tart onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with blue cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
1 slice: 328 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.