Beef with Baby Greens Salad and Horseradish Vinaigrette
This recipe by health and fitness expert Dai Manuel is a great way to use leftover oven roast or grilling steak. Smart cooks grill an extra steak when barbecuing in order to have one leftover to make a speedy next-day meal like this one.
Photo: Dai Manuel
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups grilling steak or sliced cooked beef oven roast
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut halves broken and toasted
- 4 cups baby greens
- Place walnuts on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toast in 350°F (180°C) oven, until aromatic, stirring once, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisky together vinegar, horseradish, canola oil, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked beef, lettuce greens, cheese, onion and nuts. Toss together to coat with dressing. Serve.
Always let cooked steaks stand for 5 minutes before slicing them across the grain to serve in salads or wraps.