Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet
“This gnocchi dish tastes like a bacon cheeseburger. Go ahead and top it as you would a burger—with ketchup, mustard and pickles.” —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
- 1 package potato gnocchi 16 ounces
- 1-1/4 lb lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 cooked bacon strips crumbled and divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat broiler. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, breaking meat into crumbles. Drain.
- Stir in half the bacon; add gnocchi, water, cream and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with tomatoes, green onions and remaining bacon.
1 cup: 573 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fibre), 36g protein.