Beef Tenderloin Al Forno
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
600 g (1 1/3 lb) beef tenderloin
30 mL(2 tbsp) flour
45 mL (3 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
75 mL (1/3 cup) white wine
250 mL (1 cup) Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
Fresh oregano, chopped, to taste
Salt, to taste
Hot pepper flakes, to taste
4 slices (60 g or 2 oz) Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F
- On a work surface, cut the beef into 4 equal slices. Pound lightly to flatten. Flour and set aside.
- In an oven-proof pan, fry the beef in the oil until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- In the same pan, brown the garlic lightly. Deglaze with the wine immediately to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer 1 minute.
- Return meat to pan.
- Place a slice of cheese on each piece of meat and place the pan in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2381