Bella Basil Raspberry Tea
“Beautiful basil and fresh raspberries lend bright colour and refreshing flavour to this grown-up iced tea. You’ll love the fun fizz and make-ahead convenience for parties.” —Laurie Bock, Lynden, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 L bottle carbonated water (or 750 mL sparkling rose wine)
- ice cubes
- fresh raspberries and basil leaves optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the raspberries, sugar, basil and lime juice. Mash berries. Cook over medium heat until berries release juices, 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and raspberry seeds. Transfer tea to a 2-qt. pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, slowly add carbonated water or wine. Serve over ice. If desired, top with raspberries and basil.
1 cup: 281 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fibre), 1g protein.