Berry Breakfast Parfaits
“Expecting brunch company, but short on time? My quick, delicious and beautiful parfaits are the perfect solution. Feel free to mix and match your favourite berries.” —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
- 6-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups granola without raisins
- 4 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- additional brown sugar optional
- Place raspberries and brown sugar in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Press through a sieve; discard seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry puree, orange juice, cornstarch and orange zest. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In eight parfait glasses, layer half of the raspberry sauce, berries, granola and yogurt. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired. Serve immediately.
1 serving: 304 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 9g fibre), 17g protein.