Black Bean and Corn Guacamole
Head to any Mexican restaurant and we guarantee you’ll see this combo on the menu. The bright colours and contrasting textures make black beans and corn fun additions to guacamole. For extra flavour, grill the corn first. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 medium ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked fresh whole kernel corn
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- In a bowl, mash avocados until almost smooth. Stir in lime juice and ½ teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavours to blend. Adjust seasoning with additional lime juice and salt if desired. Top with black beans and corn.
1/4 cup: 144 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fibre), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.