Black Bean Soup with Green Pepper
Here’s a meatless soup with plenty of protein and fibre. The earthy flavour of black beans, cumin, and coriander is balanced by sour cream and tomato. If you like it spicy, you could add a jalapeño pepper to the green bell pepper.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 16 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sour cream reduced-fat
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onions, and garlic and sauté 2 minutes or until softened. Add beans, stock, coriander, and cumin. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer half the soup to a food processor or blender, cover, and purée until smooth. Return to pan and cook until heated through. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with sour cream and tomato.