Black Cat Cupcakes
If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it’s one of these cute chocolate creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 18-1/4 oz chocolate cake mix
- 16 oz dark chocolate frosting
- 12 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies quartered
- 48 yellow jelly beans
- 24 black jelly beans
- 24 pieces black rope licorice
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes, using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost tops of cupcake. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears. Add yellow jelly beans for eyes and a black jelly bean for nose. Cut each piece of licorice into thirds, then in half; place three halves on each side of nose for whiskers.