Black Forest Panettone Pudding
“My chocolate-cherry bread pudding uses Panettone, the holiday bread people often receive but aren’t sure how to use. I make a glorious sauce for it using ice cream.” —Devon Delaney, Westport, Connecticut
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 tsp almond extract
- 6 cups panettone bread (2-inch cubes, about 12 oz)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries thawed
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Vanilla Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla bean ice cream
- Panettone can be found in stores mostly during the holiday season and online during the rest of the year.
- To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 piece with 2 tablespoons sauce: 420 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.