Blueberry & Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding
What would the holidays be without chocolate bread pudding? This dessert is easy to make, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already!
Photo: Dietitians of Canada
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups milk
- 5 cups wholegrain bread dried and cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries thawed
- 3 oz cacao chocolate 70%, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup almonds chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Add bread. Mix and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Add blueberries. Pour mixture into 8-inch (20 cm) square mold. Sprinkle with chocolate and almonds, pressing pieces lightly into surface. Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.