Blueberry-Lemon Upside-Down Cake
“I was young when I married, so I watched my mother-in-law to learn baking. This cake with fresh blueberries is one of her beauties.” —Bonnie Roberts, Newaygo, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12portions||10minutes||35minutes + cooling|
|35minutes + cooling|
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix regular size
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer blueberries, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding lemon zest before mixing batter; pour over marshmallows.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped topping.
1 piece (calculated without whipped topping): 313 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.