Bread Machine Naan
“Chewy yeast-raised flat bread is a snap to make in a bread machine. Serve naan with your favourite Indian dish to soak up the curry and sauces.” —Shannon Ventresca, Middleboro, Massachusetts
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6servings||2hours||5minutes per batch|
|5minutes per batch|
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk 70° to 80°
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg room temperature, beaten
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into six portions; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 1/4-in. thick oval. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush tops with water. In a greased large skillet, cover and cook dough, wet side down, over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Turn dough; cover and cook for 30 seconds longer or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough.
1 naan: 363 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 14g protein.