Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 45 minutes Type of meal : | Breakfasts/Brunches | Breakfasts/Brunches Special diet
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Type of meal : | Breakfasts/Brunches | Breakfasts/Brunches
Special diet :
23 cm (19 inch) deep dish pie shell, frozen
30 mL (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
50 mL (1/4 cup) chopped onion
1 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
3 large eggs
500 mL (2 cups) Sargento Italiano Blend Shredded Cheese, divided
375 mL (1-1/2 cups) frozen hashbrown potatoes
1 L (4 cups) baby spinach leaves
1 mL (1/4 tsp) pepper
250 mL (1 cup) milk or half-and-half
1. Prepare piecrust according to package directions.
2. In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add spinach; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; sprinkle with salt and pepper, mixing well.
4. In large bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Stir in milk, spinach mixture and 375 mL (1-1/2 cups) cheese. Pour into pie shell.
5. Bake at 190º C (375ºF) for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
6. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Imported on 2011-01-20 16:41:26 — Original ID:1227