Cabbage Leaves Stuffed with Lamb and Feta
For a different sort of lamb dish, try these delicious cabbage rolls, made with cheese and eggs.
Number of servings : 4 to 6
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 large leaves Savoy cabbage
675 g (1 1/2 lb) lean ground lamb
1 chunk, 170 g (6 oz) feta, diced
5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 can, 798 ml (28 oz) whole Italian plum tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- In a saucepan, blanch the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes in boiling salted water. Rinse in cold water and drain on a tea towel.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the lamb, eggs, cheese and oregano. Salt lightly and add pepper to taste.
- On a work surface, spread the stuffing on the cabbage leaves. Roll up and place side by side, seam down, in an ovenproof casserole. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste and cover.
- Bake 1 hour, basting from time to time.
- Serve with the pan juices.