Campari Grapefruit Ice
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 10 minutes plus one hour freezing Type of meal : | Ice
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 10 minutes plus one hour freezing
Type of meal : | Ice creams/Sorbets | Ice creams/Sorbets
Special diet :
150 ml (2/3 cup) sugar
150 ml (2/3 cup) water
4 pink grapefruit, sectioned, membrane removed
50 ml (1/4 cup) Campari
- In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water and bring to a boil. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, purée the grapefruit flesh and add the cooled syrup and Campari.
- Pour the mixture into a wide, shallow dish and freeze for an hour or so until it has frozen around the edges.
- Scrape the ice with a fork, mixing it from the edges into the centre.
- Repeat the freezing and scraping process until the entire mixture has turned into small ice flakes.
- Serve in frosted dessert glasses.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2698