Candy Corn Cookies
Get a head start on these buttery cookies by shaping and chilling the homemade dough ahead of time. When you’re ready, just slice and bake the tricolour treats. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|5dozen||35minutes + chilling||10minutes/batch|
|5dozen||35minutes + chilling|
- 1-1/2 cups butter softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Yellow and orange paste food colouring
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Tint 1 portion yellow. Divide remaining dough into two-thirds and one-third portions. Colour the larger portion orange; leave smaller portion plain.
- Shape each portion of dough into two 8-in. logs. Flatten top and push sides in at a slight angle. Place orange logs on yellow logs; push sides in at a slight angle. Top with plain logs, forming a slightly rounded top. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 83 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.