Cantaloupe, Avocado, and Shrimp Salad
Ripe and richly scented cantaloupe and avocado combined with pale pink shrimps and garnished with aromatic coriander leaves make a pretty summer salad that is filling, but not too rich.
Number of servings : 6
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Ready in under 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
A few sprigs of coriander
2 oz (55g) mixed salad leaves
1⁄2 lb (230g) cooked, peeled shrimps
For the dressing:
1 small shallot
1⁄2 cup (125ml) whipping cream
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
A pinch of sugar
Salt and black pepper
- To make the dressing, halve, peel, and ﬁnely chop the shallot. Put it into a bowl and add the cream, olive oil, vinegar, and sugar. Stir well, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the coriander, strip off the leaves and set them aside for a garnish.
- Cut the cantaloupe into quarters and discard the seeds. Remove the skin and cut the ﬂesh lengthwise into narrow slices.
- Halve and stone the avocados, then peel them and cut the ﬂesh lengthwise into slices the same thickness as the cantaloupe.
- Trim, rinse, and dry the salad leaves and divide them among six plates. Arrange the slices of cantaloupe and avocado prettily among them. Scatter the shrimps on top and drizzle the dressing over using a spoon. Garnish with the reserved coriander leaves and serve.