Cashew-Chicken Rotini Salad
“I’ve tried many chicken salad recipes over the years, but this is my very favourite. It’s fresh, fruity and refreshing, and the cashews add wonderful crunch. Every time I serve it at a potluck or picnic, I get rave reviews—and always come home with an empty bowl!” —Kara Cook, Elk Ridge, Utah
Taste of Home
- 1 package spiral or rotini pasta 16 ounces
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can pineapple tidbits 20 ounces, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 package dried cranberries 5 ounces
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups salted cashews
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onions, grapes and cranberries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews.
1-1/3 cups: 661 calories, 37g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fibre), 23g protein.