Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
“This creamy cheesecake is a family tradition; I’ve even shipped it to my daughter as a special treat. Using frozen seasonal berries, it’s an excellent dessert any time of year.” —Jeanette Volker, Walton, Nebraska
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16servings||1hour||50minutes + chilling|
|50minutes + chilling|
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 5 packages cream cheese softened, 8 ounces each
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 package frozen raspberries or blueberries thawed, 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around outside of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until centre is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For toppings, place berries and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with sauce and whipped cream.
1 slice: 423 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein