Cherry and Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
“We took cherry pie to a whole new level as a frozen treat. With a luscious layer of chocolate fudge inside, this is one impressive pie.” —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
Taste of Home
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 3 cups fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries pitted and quartered, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Cherry liqueur optional
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter; process until blended. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Carefully spread hot fudge topping over bottom of crust. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine ice cream and 1 cup cherries; spread over hot fudge. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine water, sugar, cranberry juice concentrate and cornstarch; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining cherries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened and cherries are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; if desired, stir in liqueur. Cool completely.
- Remove pie from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sauce.
1 piece: 460 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fibre), 5g protein.