Cherry Chocolate Nut Cookies
“Each Christmas, I make about 600 cookies to share with family and friends. The holidays wouldn’t be the same without several batches of these colourful goodies.” —Sybil Brown, Highland, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 each: 144 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.