Cherry Dream Cake
“I serve this cherry cake for holidays because it’s so festive and easy. No one will know your secret is adding a package of cherry gelatin to a boxed cake mix!” —Margaret McNeil, Germantown, Tennessee
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package white cake mix regular size
- 1 package cherry gelatin (3 oz. size)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz. size), softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz. size)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Poke holes in cake with a meat fork or wooden skewer; gradually pour gelatin over cake. Cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over cake. Top with the pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
1 piece: 164 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 3g protein.
1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.