“You can make this fruity dessert on your stovetop, but to really impress your guests, simmer it in an electric skillet right at the dinner table. There’s no more convenient way to enjoy the fruits of the season.” —Patricia Frerk, Syracuse, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can sliced peaches, drained (15-1/4 oz.)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- cinnamon optional
- whipped cream optional
- In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk to measure 1/2 cup and stir until combined. Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean, about 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm, with whipped cream if desired.
1 serving: 286 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fibre), 4g protein.