Chicken and Kale Tortellini Soup
“With tender tortellini, artichokes, greens and lots of herbs, this soup is so flavourful. The fact that it’s easy to make is just a chilly-night bonus.” —Emily Hobbs, Springfield, Missouri
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings (3 quarts)||15minutes||2-1/2hours|
|8servings (3 quarts)||15minutes|
- 1 lb pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini (20 oz)
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained, (15 oz)
- 1 jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped (7-1/2 oz)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale about 2 oz
- Shaved Parmesan cheese optional
Portions: servings (3 quarts)
Test Kitchen tips
- Chopped fresh spinach can be used instead of kale. Stir it in during the last few minutes of cooking.
- This soup is loaded with chunky ingredients. If you like yours with more broth, add an extra cup or two.
Health Tip: Switch to reduced-sodium broth to save about 300mg sodium per serving.
1-1/2 cups: 386 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1185mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fibre), 24g protein.