“When I want a lighter dinner, I use lean turkey bacon in this recipe. It gives the pasta that richness you want without all the extra fat.” —Courtney Harris, Denton, Texas
Taste of Home
- 8 oz uncooked linguine
- 1-1/2 lb chicken tenderloins cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 turkey or pork bacon strips chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 jar roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, onion, bacon and garlic; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.