Chicken and Waffle Grilled Cheese
Waffles are a sweet substitute for bread, while ready-cooked rotisserie chicken makes for fast and simple assembly. Dip this scrumptious sandwich in maple syrup for added decadence.
Photo: Walmart Great Value Foods
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 slices Great Value Old Cheddar Cheese from 450g brick
- 2 buttermilk waffles
- 1/3 cup rotisserie chicken breast strips sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- From the short edge of a 450 g cheese brick, use a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler to thinly slice 8 pieces of cheese, each about 3/4 inches wide by 3-1/2 inches long.
- Place 4 slices of cheese on 1 waffle. Top evenly with chicken, remaining cheese and second waffle.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, until cheese is melted and waffles are golden, about 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Try this sandwich with Great Value Mozzarella Cheese for a milder, super creamy taste. For a perfect breakfast grilled cheese, swap the chicken for 2 to 4 slices of Great Value Bacon and top with a sunny side up egg.