Chinese Pork Fried Rice
Pretty peas and crunchy carrots add colour to tender poultry and rice in this savoury supper recipe sent by Peggy Vaught of Glasgow, West Virginia.
Taste of Home
- 1 boneless pork loin chop 6 ounces, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold cooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrot, broccoli, peas and onion in butter until pork is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set. Stir in the rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and pork mixture; heat through. If desired, garnish with additional green onions.
1 cup: 338 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.