Chinese Pork Fried Rice
Pretty peas and crunchy carrots add colour to tender poultry and rice in this savoury supper recipe sent by Peggy Vaught of Glasgow, West Virginia.
- 1 boneless pork loin chop 6 ounces, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold cooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup: 338 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.